OLYMPIC SPORTS CENTER INSTEAD OF A CORN FIELD
In Slovakia, on the outskirts of Šamorín town, one of the most modern sports centers in the world has grown x‑bionic® sphere in the middle of a corn field. Within this complex, a new multipurpose sports arena is being constructed, for which we have designed AV/TV technology including a sound system.
What was all part of the project?
- Camera equipment,
- control room,
- mobile TV and audio control station,
- sound system,
- TV information system,
- LED screen cube,
- scoreboards and AV equipment for matches.
Using the designed AV equipment, it is going to be possible to display the desired content on large display screens (LED cube), in the hall information system and for TV broadcast, on scoreboards, as well as for on-line streaming or further processing and archiving.
What are the advantages of our solution?
- Besides the standard control room, we have designed a mobile workstation which can be connected to any access point in the arena and any external video source can be used.
- We have determined the concept of sound system based on electroacoustic simulations on a 3D model of the arena, thus achieving the same listening conditions for all listeners.
- We have used the latest technologies and we have designed integrated cabling for transmission of video and audio simultaneously.
- For shooting sports events and other events taking place in the hall, there will be available permanently installed remote-controlled PTZ cameras suitable for TV broadcasting. Professional TV cameras will be available for placement on designated camera platforms and they will be rented for matches required, staff including.
- Control room is going to serve as supervising and control center for the main hall. There is going to be installed LCD video wall displaying all video channels, configuration PC, and the PTZ camera controller. We have also designed a mixing system which can be controlled from a tablet on mobile workstation.
- We have designed TV and audio control station as mobile, it is going to be mounted in a rack on wheels. On the top of it, there is going to be a preview display showing through a quad processor switchable streams. The main control element is going to be a live production system with a sufficient number of video inputs and outputs. Under it, there is going to be a video HDD player and recorder and access points. The mobile workstation can be connected to any access point in the arena.
- In the arena, there is going to be so-called distributed sound system, meaning installing speaker boxes in order to ensure the same listening conditions for all listeners. We have designed 18 passive speakers (without integrated amplifiers) hanged on arena bridges and 9 six-channel amplifiers, connected with Dante converters. Sound system is going to be controlled by an audio processor linked with a fire signalisation system and will be switched off by defined incoming signal from a fire alarm control panel. This function will be enhanced by the ability to turn off high-current power supply for entire set of AV equipment.
- We have designed LED cube as four LED screens arranged in the shape of a four-sided body with with sloping edges formed by wedges. LED screen is going to be 4,032 m × 3,456 m in native resolution 1344 × 1152 pixels with 3 mm pixel pitch. LED cube will be suspended on four engines with synchronous shift, with adjustable upper and lower stop and with an automatic monitoring of the load on each motor. The entire cube is designed as detachable and the construction design (including the control and configuration processor) is adapted for this purpose. This allows automatic screen configuration – which means sorting individual cabinets without using a computer. This feature is important when you change the screen structure, you don’t have to reset the control software.
- In the arena, we have designed a total of 6 scoreboard panels, two in each hall. In smaller training halls, scoreboards are going to be placed in the longitudinal axis of the halls (on opposite short sides) while in the large hall, the scoreboards are going to be located on longer opposite sides. The scoreboard sizes have been set so that all the data could be visible and readable from all sides of the hall.