NEW AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES
In the middle of the ŠKODA Museum’s building, it is situated the flexible multifunctional hall designed for organising culture and social events. It can be vehicle presentations, conferences, exhibitions, concerts, etc. This unique room, offering from 130 up to 582 seats according to the arrangement of stands, was created by combining the historical elements of the building with progressive technologies. Thanks to the state-of-the-art technical solutions, it is also one of the Czech Republic’s most modern multifunctional centers.
Sound System for a Wide Range of Productions
The hall has two basic variants of arrangement of listening surfaces – with or without elevation. In order to ensure optimal listening conditions for both variants without any manipulation, our designers have designed the type of sound system with with regard to the type and use of space and its acoustic properties. We have integrated equipment at the auditorium, control room and at the technical backstage. Then, we have set up and adjusted the whole system to the requirements of the production.
What are the advantages of our solution?
- Equipped sound system is able to ensure every kind of production without any manipulation at all, including the requirements of external renters.
- Sound system consists not only of main sound system, but even fill and complementary speaker sets from this field’s leader, L-Acoustics. The total power of the amplifiers adds up to an incredible 60 kW.
- We have used new technologies in audio signal distribution and we have interconnected them via Dante and MADI protocols.
What audio technologies have we integrated?
- DiGiCo SD12 mobile mixing console which can be connected to a floor access point in the hall or in balconies.
- DiGiCo S21 mixing console at the control room.
- Sennheiser Digital 6000 wireless microphone system.
- L-Acoustics main sound system of the hall including fill and complementary speaker sets.
- On each side of the auditorium, we have equipped two-way modular line source system consisting of 9 modules of L-Acoustics KARA. Subbass system consist of three high power compact L-Acoustics SB18 subwoofers on each side.
Equipped L-Acoustics ARCS Focus and Wide speaker sets are used for balconies and as fill for back and the front-center of the hall. Other complementary speaker sets are L-Acoustics X8 and 5XT and the system can be also be complemented by four SB28 subbass speaker sets.
- The entire distribution system and operating of new digital mixing consoles DiGiCo S21 in the control room and mobile SD12 is based on the topology of the interconnection of all elements in the system using redundant optical wiring. For distribution, we have designed Dante digital distribution protocol using the benefits of classical data (metalic/optical) cabling.
The conversion between the Optocore system, which provides optical interconnection of the mixing consoles to the Dante audio distribution protocol, is carried out DiGiCo Orange Box converter with 64 input and 64 output channels.
We have integrated Sennheiser Digital 6000 wireless microphone system which is designed for the toughest enviroments. The system, which ensures perfect sound, consists of eight 2-channel receivers with Dante outputs, handheld transmitters and miniature pocket transmitters, including complementing antenna system with directional antennas for a given frequency band.