RECONSTRUCTION OF STADIUM WILL PROVIDE NEW SOUND SYSTEM AND AV EQUIPMENT
In Hradec Králové, there is about an extraordinary reconstruction of a football stadium with a total budget of about 22 million €. The main part of the reconstruction are new grandstand with a capacity up to 10 000 spectators. Of course, there is going to be a new sound system and modern AV equipment, the concept of which comes from our design.
What was all part of the design?
- Sound system integrated with voice alarm system,
- control room,
- information system,
- and large-format LED screens.
Set of AV technology at the stadium is going to serve for capture events using television cameras. It is also going to manage control and edit functions, processed signal is going to be distributed on displays, it may be recorded, transmitted outside to designated customers, or connected to OB vans.
What are the advantages of our sound system?
- Within one system, we have connected PA sound system with fire alarm system, so if necessary, the music production will switch to an evacuation channel.
- Thanks to acoustic simulations on 3D model, we have designed placement and angular positions of loudspeakers, so that the audio signal distribution is as close as possible to the audience.
- Our acoustic simulations shows excellent speech intelligibility.
- All simulations were performed on BOSCH LB3-PC350 loudspeakers which were placed with approximately 12-meter spaces, two in a cluster (expect for corners where only one loudspeaker is used). They are connected to 100V input transformer clamps. The loudspeakers were oriented horizontally.
- The concept of a system is based on HD SDI signal processing. Equipment for controlling and editing in a control room are going to be used during sport, cultural or other events. AV signals are going to be distributed to stadium displays or to other displays in the building. The equipment include TV cameras, both outdoor and indoor for fixed installation. For recording purposes, a multi-channel AV recorder supporting appropriate standards is necessary.
We have designed cameras that are either controlled by camera crew directly or robotic cameras controlled from the control room. The way of work in the control room is similar to TV production control rooms. Image-related audio signals are going to be processed fully digitally on a digital mixing console.
- Information system displays have three main functions – informational, commercial and complementary (music videos etc.). Concept is based on IP TV principles, it is a specific structured IT network. Sources of signals will be located in the control room where all video content is being created. Information will provide flat displays with IP interface. Interactive displays can also be part of the information system.
- There are to be supposed two large-format multimedia LED screens on a suspended construction in the opposite sides of the stadium. The active surface size is 9,6 m × 5,44 m. Each screen will be controlled by its own video processor, so each screen can have different content.
We have also designed a multimedia strip for displaying advertisements around the perimeter of the stadium. The strip consist of LED screens of 0,96 m height. The strip can be disassembled and stored if it is not currently in use.