Great sound for small presentations, as well as for film projections
If you want to host meetings, trainings, presentations and film projections in one hall, you need to know how room acoustics works. Integrate such a place with expensive speakers is not enouqh. You will most probably regret it.
When management of TV Nova had wanted to reconstruct their cinema hall, we analyzed and measured it.
What did we discover?
Projection system and sound system were obsolete and did not match current standards. The acoustic tiles did not match to the volume of the hall and there was an flutter echo.
How did we solve those problems?
With a combination of different acoustic tiles and materials, we managed an uniform distribution of acoustic absorption in all areas of the space. Behind the perforated projection screen, a mineral wool is installed, side and back walls are covered with perforated plasterboard, supsended ceiling combines two different types of acoustic panels and upholstered seats provide floor absorption.
- The reverberation time is homogeneous across the room.
- The seats are virtually equivalent in terms of listening.
- We left the speech frequency band slightly emphasized, so that the speaker is well understood without having to raise voice.
The design of wall tiles and suspend ceiling has been made with regard to simplicity of installation – minimition of acoustic segments cut, preference of raster ceiling and optimization of cabel channels in tiles to simplify installation of low-current and AV cabling.
- L-Acoustics front speaker set including a subwoofer was preserved and moved behind a projection area which required an installation of a new larger perforated screen. We replaced inadequate surround speakers with newly installed L-Acoustics 5XT. There are also new L‑Acoustics LA4X 4-channel DSP amplifiers optimized for the complete speaker set.
Marantz AV8802A AV processor with the Audyssey adaptive system provides dynamic equalization and physiological volume control in relation with the rest of the audio chain and the space parameters.
- For AV system control, there is a new Extron button panel with HDMI input for connecting user devices. For alternative content, there is a motorized pull-out stand for the existing Sony Bravia LCD display installed in front of the projection screen.
- In a projection cabin, there is a new technological rack, ideally high for placing a new NEC NP-PX803UL laser projector (8000 ANSI lm, 1920×1200) to optimal position and for all other equipment, including a new universal BD player with RS 232 control.