30 Meters Wide Projection
Service Training Center is one of the most advanced training centers in the automobile industry. Technical and business training for the brand’s importers and dealers from all over the world are being held here. Five-floor building offers many possibilities for use. Lecture rooms, training and video conference rooms and a presentation hall Vision with capacity up to 300 people. There is a panoramic projection wall with a width of 30 meters. After years, it was time to modernize it.
Unique Technical Solution
The previous solution was inadeqaute for two main reasons. Insufficient number of projectors with low contrast ratio and poor user experience. That’s why we have designed and installed a new projection system that is unique by its technical solution.
- 8 laser projectors were chosen based on the results of two tests.
- Thanks to 10,000 ANSI lumen of brightness, they show clear details in the darker parts of a picture.
- Barco E2 image processors ensures a seamless picture blending.
- The maximum image delay is only two frames. Supporting 4K resolution, of course.
Automatic Calibration Within 20 Minutes
Seamless blending of pictures from seven projectors is a time-consuming operation. Color reproduction is also affected by variable environmental parameters (temperature and humidity) and projector life. For a totally uniform picture, a calibration have to be perfomed repeatedly, preferably before each major event.
This calibration process had to be simplified. That’s why we have equipped the system with an automatic calibration system. It ensures flawless picture in about 20 minutes.
- Automatic calibration is handled by 4 digital SRL cameras.
- Calibration takes place in the Panasonic management software on the supplied laptop.
- Thanks to the calibration, color reproduction of a projection is uniform across its wide.
- The calibration process is now easier and faster.
- Eight Panasonic PT-RZ970LBEJ laser projectors with 10,000 ANSI lm brightness were installed. Seven of them are used for the panoramic wall, the eight projects image geometry with edgeblending on the right side wall.
Automatic calibration system consist of four Nikon D5300 DSLR cameras placed on tripods. Calibration takes place in the Panasonic management software installed on a powerful laptop.
Six programmable Robin LED WASH 600 Plus lights have replaced lights that were in collision with the projection. Also, we have anchored them newly directly into the ceiling.
- AV signal processing is managed by Barco E2 image processor with additional input and output cards. For its control, we have installed Barco EC-50 compact event controller with touch screen and assignable and programmable buttons.
Signal distribution to the projectors is managed by a set of Extron transmitters and receivers with integrated input switchers.
Control room is equipped with four 27″ Dell UP2716D UltraSharp displeys (2560 × 1440 resolution) and one 43″ Dell P4317Q display with resolution of 3840 × 2160 that can display up to four video inputs at the same time.