„WELCOME TO ANOTHER ALESS GUTE LESSON“
The Faculty of Arts of the University of Ostrava is rebuilding and modernizing the main building and in pursuance of that, they have decided to set up a workplace for teaching interpreters, a lecture hall and multimedia classroom. It is a highly specific operation that requires a sophisticated AV equipment with an emphasis on sound quality to ensure a high level of clarity. Such an unconventional assignment will always please our designers.
How did we solve individual rooms?
- The interpretation laboratory includes 9 separate booths with interpreter desks controlled from teacher’s desk where you can also display teaching materials on large LCD displays from an all-in-one PC. There is also a ceramic board.
- The lecture hall for 154 people includes two other interpretation positions, their recording and processing is carried out in the facilities of the interpretation laboratory. The interpretation signal transmission for people in the hall is provided by wireless stethoscopic receivers.
- We connected the multimedia classroom with the lecture hall, it will extend ways of teaching and sharing of lectured content. We also equipped the classroom with interactive projection and videoconferencing equipment.
Thanks to our AV equipment, the faculty will have a top-level workplace
- The interpretation laboratory will allow simultaneous involvement of up to 18 students. Teachers will be able to easily switch among their interpreter desks thanks to a control panel in the teacher’s desk.
- Connection of the lecture hall with laboratory and multimedia classroom will allow maximum learning variability.
- Teaching room with interpretation booth in two rooms located in the rear of the room. The basic mode of the AV system will display a content from a presentation all-in-one PC, the content is displayd on two large-format LCD displays with the possibility of display different content (for example multilingual presentation). There is a central ceramic board between the displays.
A control panel will be integrated in the teacher’s desk for easy operation of the system with a possibility of connection of external sources through intergrated connection point. In addition to basic control, shutter control will also be available.
The sound is provided by the ceiling speaker set. For basic teaching, the audio part of the AV system is active only at an AV matrix switcher, for interpretation is used Dante protocol which can be distributed over the data network to other areas and efficiently perform and process the recording of all required channels. Therefore, for each interpreter desk, there is a converter from an analog audio signal to Dante.
- In the back of the hall, there are two positions for interpreters and technical control room. This interpretation equipment is also connected via converters to Dante network, in order to allow recording and processing with equipment of interpretation laboratory. As in the previous room, the presentation equipment will include an all-in-one PC, content will be displayed with a central projection. On the right side of the front wall, there will be installed ceramic board. In the teacher’s desk, there will be integrated a control panel for easy operation of the system with the possibility of connecting external sources of AV signal through a built-in connection point. In the back of the technical control room, there will a similar panel with extended settings and monitoring of the system. On both positions, there will a shutter control panel.
The hall is equipped with multichannel surround system, for the conference operation there is an additional pair of ceiling speakers at the back of the hall. Wireless transmission of two interpreting signals is ensured by a pair of transmitters in teacher’s desk, the third transmitter is used as a replacement for the induction loop. Wireless stethoscope receivers of the interpretation system are counted for 120 people.
- This classroom is supposed to have a basic connection to the conference hall – connecting HDMI inputs and outputs of AV switches. There is a interactive central projector and side wall speakers provide sound. All-in-one PC is equipped to enable basic videoconferencing operation – USB camera and two microphones. They are connected via a two-channel preamplifier with phantom power to the integrated PC input line. At the conference table, there is a control panel, connection point and shutter control panel. There will be 4 additional connection points in the table.